- Provide baseline data on leadership in the 21st century
empirically the theoretical construct of "women
- Provide within group comparisons
- Provide across group comparisons
- Advance theoretical and empirical
understanding of "intersectionality"
- Improve data collection
on elected officials of color
- Improve survey questions and methodology
for examining elected officials (of color)
- Identify prospects for
coalition and/or competition across three distinct policy areas (affirmative
action, voting rights (VRA), and immigrant/immigration issues.
to public policy debates
- Provide opportunities for civic education
on America's changing leadership
Funding for the Gender and Multi-Cultural Leadership Project was provided
by the Ford Foundation (www.fordfound.org).
copyright 2003-2007 GMCL.org